Emergency loans are offered through the support of the Black Hills State University Foundation.
Emergency loans are available to currently enrolled students of Black Hills State University.
Students must have a valid source of repayment (i.e. Financial aid, paycheck). Pending income tax returns are not considered a valid source of repayment.
- A $10.00 service charge is deducted from the loan check before disbursement.
- As long as the loan is paid in full by the due date, interest will not accrue on the loan.
- The loan period cannot exceed 60 days.
- Emergency loans may not be used to pay for tuition and fees.
- The student may, without penalty, prepay all or any part of the balance prior to the due date.
- Most emergency loans are automatically deducted from the student’s financial aid.
- For students who do not have financial aid, payments can be made at the University Advancement Office located in the Joy Center. Students may pay with cash, personal check, money order, or credit card. Credit card payments may be made by calling the University Advancement Office at 605.642.6335.
- A thirty-dollar ($30.00) late fee will be applied to all overdue accounts.
- If the student withdraws from school, the loan becomes due and payable at once.
For more information or to make an appointment call Kanda Guthmiller at 605.642.6335.