Individuals who experience discrimination including sexual harassment have options regarding who to tell, if anyone. All BHSU employees--except licensed counselors and medical professionals--are required to forward such reports to the BHSU Title IX Office; which is obligated to respond. This obligation also requires us to notify law enforcement about felony acts. BHSU employees include, but are not limited to: RAs, hall directors, faculty and staff members, academic advisers, coaches, and administrators.
Non-Confidential yet Private Reporting Options
- To submit an online BHSU report, click here. Your report will go to the BHSU Title IX Coordinator.
- To report in person, please visit the BHSU Title IX Office located on the upper level of the Young Center, DYC Academic Office 206. Alternatively, you may contact the Title IX Coordinator by email or by phone (605.642.6590).
- If your concern is criminal in nature, you have the option of pursuing criminal charges. Contact the Director of Campus Safety and Security (605.641.6988) or your local police department
- If your concern requires immediate assistance, please dial 911 or contact Campus Safety and Security (605.641.6988).
Confidential Reporting Options
- To make an online private and confidential report, click here. You may also call a toll-free hotline at 844.390.0005 (English speaking) or 800.216.1288 (Spanish speaking). The online report and hotlines are provided by Lighthouse Services, Inc. Lighthouse is an off-campus company that specializes in providing independent third-party ethics hotline services. You may choose to remain anonymous when providing information.
- BHSU students wanting to talk with someone confidentially without making a report, please contact BHSU Student Counseling and Health Services (605.642.6520).
- BHSU employees wanting to report concerns in a confidential setting are encouraged to contact LEAP-Latitude Employee Assistance Program (1.800.713.6288) Company Code: SOUTHDAKOTA
- Spearfish has a Sexual Assault Response Team and the Artemis Safe House (605.642.7825) established to assist in cases of sexual violence. The teams work together to ensure that victims receive immediate, accessible, and comprehensive services from local, trained professionals.
- Rapid City has the WAVI Team (605.341.3292) and Crisis Care Center (605.391.4863) established to assist in cases of sexual violence. The teams work together to ensure that victims receive immediate, accessible, and comprehensive services from local, trained professionals.